HIMSS Federal Health IT Business Development Workshops
The federal government's health IT budget for the next 10 years is forecast to be more than $40 billion. Is your business ready to compete and capture on this substantial business opportunity? Do you understand the recent trends in federal government contracting and the nuances of the health IT market? Does your business development staff have the knowledge and relationships in federal health IT?
If you answered "No", "Somewhat" or "Yes but we need to know more", then you need to attend the HIMSS Federal Health IT Business Development workshop.
These all-day events are designed as "insiders'" workshops that will help small, medium and large businesses entering the federal health IT market as well as those with experience selling into the Federal Health IT market. The workshop will aid you in making the most of the HIMSS conference by honing your business' teaming and presentation skills before the conference to have a productive and successful conference experience.
All three workshops are full-day events and cover the topics mentioned below as well as give one-on-one access to former and current health IT government decision makers and much more!
What will you learn?
In the 101 Market Entry workshop you will learn:
- How to develop your "elevator speech"
- A concise overview of the market and funding sources for contracts
- Strategies for smart teaming/partnering and strategies for establishing target federal government relationships
If you are an alumnus of the HIMSS11 or HIMSS12 Federal Health IT Business Development workshops or you have at least one year of experience winning business in the federal government health IT Market, then the Advanced Business Development workshop is for you. In the Advanced workshop you will gain more insights into the more complex challenges facing business developers today by:
- Learning strategies for how to beat an incumbent
- Understanding selling innovative solutions by shaping the market
- Demystifying what you REALLY need to know about the Business Evaluation Committee
If you have at least five years of experience winning business in the federal government health IT market or are an alumnus of the Advanced Federal Health IT Business Development workshops, then the Expert Business Development workshop is for you.
In the Expert workshop you will learn:
- Price-to-win strategies
- How the federal government Technical Evaluation Committee works
- Techniques for influencing the RFP
All three workshops will give you the opportunity to participate and respond directly to a draft RFP or RFI of an upcoming bid and present your proposal to the panelists, who will give feedback to your proposal and presentation.
Who will attend?
101 Market Entry Workshop
- Entry-level to mid-level business development managers
- Senior-level business development and executive managers new to the healthcare market
- Program managers with little or no health IT experience
- Technical leaders marketing to the federal health IT community
- Business development managers successful in closing business into the federal health IT market
- Experienced health IT program managers with a minimum of one year experience
- Experienced technical leaders marketing to the federal health IT community
- Graduates from the HIMSS11, HIMSS12 or 2012 National Health IT Week workshops – Basic Session
- Experienced federal contract professional with 5 years sales or graduates from the HIMSS12 or National Health IT Week workshops – Advanced Session