- When is the early bird registration deadline?
It was Monday, December 17, 2012, 11:59 pm (CST)
- I registered, but I have not received a confirmation. How do I get another one sent to me?
Please call the HIMSS registrar, Experient, at (800) 465-1272 or (240) 439-2981 to request a confirmation letter. You may also request one by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- I registered, but I'd like to add additional events to my registration. How can I do that?
You can return to the registration website and select Add Optional Events option or you may call the HIMSS conference registrar, Experient, at (800) 465-1272 or (240) 439-2981, or send an email to email@example.com, to update your registration.
- Can I bring a spouse or guest to the program?
Yes. However, guests and spouses must register for the full conference or daily registration in order to attend any functions at the Ernest N. Morial Convention Center.
- Is there a special guest category for spouses in advance or on-site?
No. Spouses/guests have to register as a full conference or daily registrant to gain access to the exhibit floor. There are no exceptions. Guest tickets can be purchased for special events.
- Is there an age limit at the HIMSS conference or events?
Yes. All registrants, including spouses and guests, must be 21 years of age or older to attend the HIMSS conference and events.
- I need a letter in order to obtain a visa. Whom do I contact?
You may download a copy of the official HIMSS13 invitation letter from the International Travelers section. You may also request a visa through online registration.
- May I register for the education sessions and exhibit hall separately?
Yes. You may opt for a Single Day registration, which allows access to all education sessions and the exhibit hall on Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday. You may also register for an exhibit hall pass which includes admittance to the exhibit hall on Wednesday only.
- I can no longer attend the conference. Can I send a substitute?
Yes. However, the substitute must pay any difference in registration rate based on membership status. Example: If you are a member and the substitute is not, the registration difference must be paid. Please send the substitute's information, in writing, to the HIMSS registrar, Experient, at firstname.lastname@example.org. If the substitution takes place on-site, the substitute must bring a letter from you on your company letterhead verifying the substitution.
- Does my HIMSS conference registration include admittance to Sunday educational programs?
No. There is an additional fee for all Sunday programs; however, when you register for the full conference and any symposium, you will receive an automatic $100 discount off your registration fees (excluding workshops). This discount applies to full paid conference registration only and is not available for students, single-day or exhibit hall-only passes.
- Can a registrant sign up for just the CIO Forum, symposiums or workshops and not for HIMSS13?
Yes. These selections are available on their own under Optional Events on the registration site.
- Is the Awards Banquet included in the fee for the convention?
No. the Awards Banquet is not included with the convention fee and is a paid optional event.
- What is the cut-off date for the CPHIMS exam registration? How is the exam registration handled after the cut-off has passed?
CPHIMS exam registrations will be accepted through online registration until February 15, 2013. The CPHIMS exam fee is $270 for HIMSS Organizational Affiliate Members; $300 for HIMSS National Members; and $375 for non-members. These fees are non-refundable and non-transferable to another person or another administration. No CPHIMS exam registrations will be accepted after February 15, 2013.
- How many CME credits are provided and for what courses?
HIMSS will have this information available in November/December on the web site. Until then, direct all correspondence to Gail Rice at email@example.com.
- Can a registrant receive their show program in advance of the show?
HIMSS does not mail any show programs in advance because they are not printed until a few weeks prior to the conference. Registrants can view program information on the HIMSS website or wait to receive it in their tote bag on-site.
- Do HIMSS members have to be registered for the convention before they can book their hotel in the HIMSS block?
No. They can book their hotels at the HIMSS rate before they are even registered for the convention. We actually encourage them to do so as hotel rooms fill up fast. Hotel reservations can be made in the Hotel and Travel section of the site. OnPeak is the official HIMSS Housing Bureau. All reservations should be made only directly through onPeak.
- What do I need to do to qualify for the student rate?
To qualify for the student rate, undergraduate applicants must be enrolled in no less than twelve (12) hours of classes during the spring semester of 2013. Graduate students must be enrolled in no less than nine (9) hours of classes during the spring semester of 2013 to qualify for the student rate. In order to complete registration, a copy of a Current Full-Time Class Schedule is required. Once registered please fax to (301) 694-5124 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that your badge will state “Student” at the bottom.
- What if a person has registered using their personal credit card and then wants to switch to a corporate card or check?
HIMSS allows registrants to switch from employee paid to company paid, thus showing a refund on the attendee record. The company would have to send in a check and then the registrant will receive a refund check. A letter must accompany the company check explaining what happened, so that HIMSS knows how to apply the funds and issue the refund check.
- What if a registrant cancelled and calls the next day to reinstate their registration?
HIMSS does not allow cancelled registrants to reinstate their original registration. They must re-register again at the rate for that time and provide new payment.
- When will I receive my refund?
If you cancel and are entitled to a refund, expect the refund within 30 days. Faxed and website registrations must be charged to Visa, MasterCard, American Express or Discover. No purchase orders are accepted. All refunds will be issued back to the original payment type. Cash payments will be refunded by check.
- If I cancel, can I transfer my events or membership to another person from my company?
HIMSS allows registrants to substitute if they send it in writing, but does not allow the original person to cancel his or her registration and then transfer it to another record. The substituted person will not be entitled to HIMSS membership. HIMSS membership is non-transferable and non-refundable.
- What is the policy for checks that are received after any of the published cut-off dates?
We will accept any checks received up to a week after the published cut-off date at the previous price. After that, they will be keyed as a balance due.
- What is the cancellation policy for attendees who only register for a symposium and don’t pay for the full conference?
Full conference registrations, exhibit hall-only passes, single-day registrations and events-only registration, less a $100 cancellation fee, are refundable if submitted in writing to email@example.com or by modifying your current registration online and selecting the option to cancel your registration on or before Monday, February 4, 2013.
- What is the cancellation policy?
Full conference registrations, exhibit hall-only passes, single-day registrations and events-only registration, less a $100 cancellation fee, are refundable if submitted in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org or by modifying your current registration online and selecting the option to cancel your registration, on or before Monday, February 4, 2013. Registrations and cancellations received after Monday, February 4, 2013 are not refundable. You cannot reinstate a registration after you cancel it. HIMSS membership fees are non-refundable and non-transferable. If you cancel and are entitled to a refund, expect the refund within 30 days. Faxed and website registrations must be charged to Visa, MasterCard, American Express or Discover. No purchase orders are accepted. All refunds will be issued back to the original payment type. Cash payments will be refunded by check.
- What are the registration hours?
|Exhibitor Registration Only|
|Friday, March 1||12:00 pm – 6:00 pm|
|Attendees & Exhibitors|
|Saturday, March 2||12:00 pm – 6:00 pm|
|Sunday, March 3||7:00 am – 7:00 pm|
|Monday, March 4||7:00 am – 5:00 pm|
|Tuesday, March 5||7:30 am – 5:00 pm|
|Wednesday, March 6||7:30 am – 5:00 pm|
|Thursday, March 7||7:30 am – 12:00 pm|
- What are the Exhibit Hall hours?
|Exhibit Hall Hours|
|Monday, March 4||1:00 pm – 6:00 pm|
|Tuesday, March 5||9:30 am – 1:00 pm
2:30 pm – 6:00 pm
|Wednesday, March 6||9:30 am – 1:00 pm
2:15pm – 6:00 pm
- Where do I pick up my badge?
If you pre-registered and you selected to have your badge mailed in advance, you will receive your badge and event tickets in the mail starting approximately two weeks before the conference. If you register after the badge mailing cut-off date, February 21, 2013, please select to pick up your badge on-site and you will be able to collect your badge at any self-registration kiosk.
- What is the dress code for the convention?
The dress code for the show is smart business casual.